Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Phoenix to Flagstaff I-17 Improvement Open Houses

Valley residents will have an opportunity to learn about major improvements to I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff - including planned projects & those currently under construction north of Loop 101 - during open houses hosted April 22nd & 24th, by the Az. Dept. of Transportation.

The meetings will be held:

April 22nd from 6-8 pm.
Sandra Day O'Connor High School - Cafeteria
25250 N. 35th Ave., Phoenix


April 24th from 6-8 pm.
Boulder Creek High School - Cafeteria
40404 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy., Anthem


A presentation will begin at 6:30 pm, followed by an open house where the public can meet with ADOT design & construction staff to discuss the projects.

Improvements currently under construction on I-17 north of the Loop 101 include widening the freeway to Carefree Highway (State Route 74) & constructing new traffic interchanges in several locations to improve access to I-17 and the future Loop 303. These projects are scheduled to be complete next year. An additional widening project from Carefree Highway to Anthem Way is scheduled to begin in 2009 & be complete in 2010.

In addition, ADOT recently initiated a study of potential future capacity improvements on I-17 from the split at I-10 to Loop 101.

Improvements to I-17 in Maricopa County are included in the 2004 voter-approved, 20-year Regional Transportation Plan as part of a comprehensive program of diverse transportation improvements throughout the Valley.

Other I-17 improvements north of Maricopa County are also planned or currently being studied, including projects designed to increase traffic capacity from New River to Flagstaff.

To learn more about the I-17 improvements, visit ADOT's I-17
web page or call (480) 890-0012.