Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New I-10 Interchange Opens

A new interchange on the I-10 at Bullard Avenue in Goodyear opened to traffic on April 14th, providing an added convenience to drivers in the area, while at the same time, completing a major milestone in the project to improve I-10.

The project included the construction of east and westbound entrance and exit ramps at Bullard Avenue, as well as widening Bullard Avenue under I-10. The project began in July 2007 & finished on schedule.

The Bullard Avenue traffic interchange is the first in a series of projects to improve I-10 as part of the 2004 voter-approved Regional Transportation Plan. This interchange, located between Litchfield Road & Estrella Parkway/Pebble Creek Parkway, gives drivers in the Southwest Valley another option for access to & from I-10.

A series of expansion projects will provide additional lanes along a heavily traveled section of I-10 between Loop 101 & Verrado Way. The freeway work includes adding new outside lanes & widening into the median to improve east & west traffic flow for West Valley commuters.

Drivers can visit:
azdot.gov/ValleyFreeways for times & locations of construction restrictions on I-10, & to sign up for ADOT's I-10 weekly traffic alert e-mail & podcast. For general information about I-10 improvements, contact the I-10 project hotline at (602) 288-9919 or ADOT@policydevelopmentgroup.com. For a complete listing of freeway & highway restrictions across Arizona , call 5-1-1 or az511.gov.