Monday, October 22, 2007

I-17 To Close At Night For Work

I-17 is scheduled to be closed in both directions at the Carefree Highway interchange in north Phoenix from 10 pm - 5 am each nightly starting this evening through Thursday morning for the placement of girders for a wider bridge being constructed at the interchange.

ADOT says I-17 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at the Carefree Highway interchange. Drivers are encouraged to prepare for minor delays and to allow for extra travel time during the overnight restrictions.

The I-17 interchange at the Carefree Highway is being reconstructed as part of the 20-year Regional Transportation Plan to improve the Valley’s transportation system. A wider Carefree Highway bridge over I-17 will be better able to accommodate increased traffic in the area. For more info, visit
azdot.gov and click on “Valley Freeways.”