Thursday, September 20, 2007

Some ADOT Weekend Work

The Arizona Dept. of Transportation will add rubberized asphalt to a section of northbound I-17 between the junction with I-10 at the “Split” and 19th Ave. this weekend.

Northbound I-17 will be closed from 9 pm on Sept. 21st to 5 am on Sept. 24th as the paving occurs. The northbound on & off ramps at 16th St., 7th St. & 7th Ave. will also be closed.

Arizona Diamondback fans from the East Valley can use I-10 & Loop 202 to reach the downtown area this weekend. Post-game traffic will not be affected by the closure. ADOT's working with the Diamondbacks to alert fans heading to the ballpark.

There is a limited period during the spring & fall when rubberized asphalt can be paved. On this project ADOT's working to avoid major events such as the baseball playoffs, Arizona Cardinals games & the start of the State Fair & the Phoenix Suns’ season. The paving work is being coordinated to provide drivers with freeway options for traveling through the downtown area.

Additional closures in the downtown Phoenix area are planned over the next month on I-17, I-10 & the ramps at the I-10/I-17 Stack interchange.

For a complete list of freeway & highway closures or restrictions across Arizona visit ADOT's Travel Information site at:
az511.com or call 5-1-1.